One of the most anticipated tools by Apple users and ethical hacking enthusiasts is finally available. After months, the first jailbreak for iOS 13.3 was revealed, also functional for A12 and A13 devices.
Below is a tutorial with the steps to follow to complete the jailbreak successfully. Jailbreak unc0ver has been updated to support A12-A13 devices running iOS 13.0 – iOS 13.3. This includes the iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max.
- Launch Safari from your SpringBoard
- Navigate to iOSNinja.io. Tap the menu button in the top left corner and choose Mobile App
- Scroll down and tap the big INSTALL NOW button. When prompted, tap Allow downloading a configuration profile. Then press Close once the profile has been downloaded
- Swipe up to return to the SpringBoard. Launch the Settings app and tap to select Downloaded Profile
- Tap the Install button in the upper-right corner, then tap Next
- Tap the Install button once again and then press the Install Large button that appears
- Tap Done when you’re done
- Return to the SpringBoard. Launch the iOS Ninja app and then choose the Jailbreak category
- Select Jailbreak Unc0ver from the list. Tap Install v4.0.0 and then press the Install button of the alert that appears
- Return to your SpringBoard. You will now see an uncovered application installed; however, you won’t be able to start it until the developer approves. We’ll do this by starting Settings one more time
- Choose General from the Settings menu. Open Profiles and Device Management, then tap to select the company developer listed
- Tap to trust the developer and confirm this by pressing the Trust the alert button that appears
- Return to your SpringBoard and activate Airplane Mode. You can do this by swiping down from the top right of the screen and tapping the Airplane Mode button
- Now launch the unc0ver app. Press the blue Jailbreak button, then tap the OK button on the alert that informs you that a system snapshot has been taken
- Once your device has restarted, launch the Unc0ver app once again. Press the blue Jailbreak button to complete the process
- The bootstrap will be removed and the jailbreak will be completed
- You can now go back to your SpringBoard and launch the newly installed Cydia app
Further details are available on the Pwn20wnd Twitter account, as well as more reports on jailbreak developers.
He is a well-known expert in mobile security and malware analysis. He studied Computer Science at NYU and started working as a cyber security analyst in 2003. He is actively working as an anti-malware expert. He also worked for security companies like Kaspersky Lab. His everyday job includes researching about new malware and cyber security incidents. Also he has deep level of knowledge in mobile security and mobile vulnerabilities.